In this workshop, a panel of three women healers, Jennie C. Trotter, Jennie Donaldson & Adama A. Maweja, shared what they’ve learned from their ancestors, grandparents and parents about spiritual development, how they incorporated and expanted on those practices & truths for spiritual development for this generation and future generations to come.
The perspectives shared range from ages 50 -70; here’s a little of what they shared:
Wisdom from Jennie C. Trotter:
- There’s only one God; and we’re made in His image.
- Our Spirit never dies.
- Our bodies listen to us; what are we saying to our bodies?
- We as women hold the power; you’re here to do something very special on Earth.
- We have to do more for our spiritual development through things like meditation and watching what we eat. You have to discipline yourself.
- The trueness of who you are is inside.
- Once you decide to seek your purpose, the universe will bring everything together you need.
- Love is the most healing, the most powerful source. Manifest the goodness and Godness that you’re in and have.
Wisdom from Jennie Donaldson
- Know how special you are.
- Everything you do, everything you have, is a creation.
- You’re not your body. Your body is the space suit you walk around in. You’re the energy in the house, not the house itself.
- Do the best you can every day when you wake up.
Wisdom from Adama A. Maweja
- When you don’t acknowledge the presence of God, you don’t make the most out of the moment.
- Every atom and cell of your being is divine.
- We’re the ones that we were praying for.
- See yourself free, see yourself whole, see yourself powerful!
- You get what you ask for. Put your prayers in writing and make the commitments.